Friday, December 2, 2016

Life Lately

Hello Friends! Long time no chat- and a very happy Friday while we're at it!

Life lately has been a little chaotic with a lot going on so we've been working on trying to slow things waay down. Since summer hit I'm pretty sure we were booked almost solid every weekend and our weeks quickly became jam packed as well. This girl was getting pretty exhausted over here and was in need for a much needed break.

While our schedule is still pretty full during the weeks, we have finally managed to reach a point where we have our weekends back and let me tell you, it has been glorious! The hubby and I were talking the other day and have come to an agreement (where reminders I'm sure will need to be had on my part) that a major goal for next year is to lighten our load as much as possible and take things easy.

I adore traveling-always will, and I'm pretty sure I have won the hubby over on this as well, but I'm realizing more and more that I treasure the moments of just being in one spot and living. Admittedly, I am terrible at this, but it's something I'm hoping to work on. As such, we have one major trip on the docket for next year, but other than that, be prepared to see a lot more of happenings and adventures around-H O M E.

Though I have been M.I.A. from this space we have still had some mini adventures, but have been trying to embrace more of the every day moments over here. A negative side affect to this is I have been horrible at capturing it through pictures. Below is a very mini photo dump of what I have been able to capture of what we've been up to over the last month.



A dear friend of mine was in town for work and we were lucky enough to get to spend some time with her. We tried out a couple of new-to-us restaurants that were delicious and went on a little hike in the Sandia Mountains to the Kiwanis Cabin. I have done this walk many times and still love the sites.





Fall finally decided to show up and then about a week later so did winter :)Early November we went to St. James Tea Room, one of my favorite things to do, and had tea with all of the women in my lovely family. I wish we had thought to take a picture of our group, but this is all I came away with. Thanksgiving break was a dream. We stayed home all weekend and just relaxed. One of the afternoons after the Hubby was teaching the seester and I how to drive stick (I'm making progress!) we took a little drive out to Ojito Wilderness. The views have yet to disappoint out there.I have made it a tradition for us to decorate the house for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving (not a day before). Christmas is my favorite holiday so I try to make sure we do it up in style. This year we kicked off the season with decorations, Christmas music, cookies, homemade hot chocolate and Miracle on 34th Street. I think we did it right :).
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment