Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Snowboarding at Wolf Creek

Hello Friends!

I hope you are all having a lovely Tuesday. This week we are refreshed after a little getaway to Pagosa Springs, Colorado for some snowboarding at Wolf Creek.



This trip was my first opportunity to break-in my new snowboard! I'm still learning the whole snowboarding thing since we only get up to the slopes once or twice a year together, but I always enjoy it. Baby steps is progress nonetheless.



This weekend proved a little interesting as I had never boarded in powder before. I have only ever experienced icier conditions so I was having to learn a whole new way of boarding. Thank goodness I had at least progressed as much as I have, otherwise I think it would have made for a pretty rough day. My calves were already killing me just a few hours in! The ski area was absolutely beautiful though and I really do enjoy the sport!



It snowed literally all day long and we probably got somewhere between 4-6 inches while we were there, which also made for the first time I had experienced snow while I was boarding as well...a lot of firsts this trip :)



After a day on the slopes we went into town for a bit just to get our fill of our love for Pagosa before heading back to the hubby's grandparents house. We popped into the Pagosa Baking Co. as has become tradition to get something warm to drink. They make some great homemade dark hot chocolate that I highly recommend and their cookies are also delicious!

We then headed back to meet back up with the family and the pups and were treated to sights like these:



We are so grateful for Troy's grandparents entertaining them while we spent the day out. The pups adore Grandma and Grandpa and absolutely LOVE their home. Izzy could spend all day outside if she could summer or winter. She loves the tall grass of the warmer months and hops in the snow piles during the cooler months. She is such a joy to watch in her element- I may be biased, but she's just the cutest.



We enjoyed a relaxing night of Mexican Train where I WON for the first time ever and then headed back home the following morning.

Izzy was cracking us up yet again with her travel antics. I caught her once chilling like this (pictured below) and another time caught her snoring. It's rough being a pup I tell you...Oh that girl!



That pretty much wraps up the weekend. It was short and sweet but a trip to Pagosa is always a good idea.

Enjoy the rest of your week friends. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday week/weekend and are able to spend it all with loved ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment