Friday, March 3, 2017

Birthdays & Bucket Lists

Hi Friends,

Thought I would pop in on this Friday with a #FBF to a couple of weekends ago!
Apologies ahead of time for the lack of photos. I'm becoming a pretty terrible blogger. What I lack in pictures from this trip I make up for in memories and the joy of living unplugged for the weekend.

Well, off we go!

It was the hubby's birthday last month and we celebrated in Silverton, CO.



Hubby is a pretty good skier from what I can pick up on. I've never actually seen him ski as we only snowboard together, and he doesn't really toot his own horn. But from what I can gather, the man can ski! The man also likes things that are challenging and things that are typically harder to achieve unless you have training for or some serious connections. So when I ask him things like "what can I get you for your birthday?" I get a big fat nothing because realistically we can't make it happen.

For a couple of years now he has been talking about skiing Silverton Mountain, however. For those of you who don't know, Silverton Mountain is considered double black back country skiing. People like Shawn White dedicate a winter to the mountain to train for the Olympics (true story). It is required to have an avalanche kit and most of the season you need a guide. Imagine my lack of enthusiasm when he first told me. He got a big fat "NO!" from me.

Well, fast forward about a year or so and he brings it back up in the context of a bucket list. Whomp Whomp! Lucky for him, I can't say no to bucket lists. My philosophy is if you have a dream, make it happen. Don't let life get in the way and prohibit you from getting those checked off your list. So friends, what did I do? I bought him a ticket to Silverton Mountain, invited my in-laws to go along for the ride and took a road trip so Hubby and his dad could ski that mountain.

They survived! Better than that, they both came walking back to the car grinning ear to ear...and dog tired! Success! Happy Birthday my love!

It was a quick weekend, but it was well worth it to see their faces and hear their stories! Plus I got some quality time in with my mother-in-law.

If you find yourself in Silverton looking for a place to stay, I highly recommend the Alma House. We have stayed in several B&B's and have adored them all and the people that run them. But friends, the sweet couple that run this B&B (recently took over) know hospitality! Mrs. Betty and Al make you at home during your stay. Without a doubt, we had the best experience we've ever had staying anywhere because of their service. They were phenomenal.

Well friends, that concludes our trip to Silverton this go-around. Hope you all have a great weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment