Monday, September 12, 2016

A Cultural Weekend with Flamenco + Tram rides

Happy Monday my friends! Welcome back to the work week. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and your football fantasy teams aren't too disappointing!

This weekend at our house was a much needed break, as I eluded to last week. We finally had a Saturday where we didn't have any plans, which was so, so nice.

We kicked off the weekend on Friday evening with my brother and sister-in-law at Hotel Albuquerque for some Flamenco! For those locals who don't know, the hotel has teamed up with The Institute of Flamenco offering the Tablao, Thursdays through Sundays, where Sunday shows are for all ages. They've done such a nice job with the space and you can enjoy a world-class performance with some delicious tapas and a wide selection of drinks. Unfortunately, they don't allow pictures of the performance itself, but friends, you'll definitely want to see it for yourself. The talent is undeniable, and this style of dance and music is absolutely beautiful. Have I mentioned how much I love the diversity you can find in Albuquerque? Well, that rings true for it's culture as well.



Saturday may have possibly been the first one all summer that I got to sleep in. And I was shocked when my body allowed me to sleep in until 9 am. Woo hoo! Apparently I needed the sleep!

After getting the house in order we decided to go to the volcanoes on the Westside for a mini 3 mile hike. The weather was perfect, definitely with a hint of fall in the air, which is exciting. On the hike we couldn't help but remark yet again, just how spoiled we are in Albuquerque. No matter where you are in the city, you have close access to tons of outdoor opportunities. Whether you talk about any of the open space areas and trails to the foothills or the Petroglyphs, this city is surrounded!





In the evening, we were relaxing when I remembered we still had some Tram tickets that needed to be used. If you recall, we've had to reschedule that date multiple times due to weather. With how beautiful it was earlier we figured it would be the perfect night to finally catch the sunset up at the top of the mountains. We were so right! I probably took about 20, if not more, pictures that evening so I'll let a few of the pictures speak for themselves.







We then wrapped up our weekend with kick-off Sunday to watch the Cowboys vs. Giants. We could only stay through the third quarter, which I'm glad as sadly, we lost. We've made improvements though, so hopefully this year will prove to be better than last! We capped off the evening with a fun game night with some dear friends of ours, and that pretty much sums up our weekend!



Have a fabulous week friends! We'll see you back here on Friday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment