Friday, September 16, 2016

#FBF Re-cap: The Grand Canyon & Sedona

Happy Friday friends! Hope everyone's week has been enjoyable and have a fun weekend up ahead. Can you believe we only have two weekends left in the month of September? Where did September go? As usual we'll be closing the month out with a bang. I am really starting to look forward to a less hectic October.

Before, I get too ahead of myself, let's jump into #FBF.

Today's #FBF post also happens to be the first flashback to somewhere in the United States! I thought I would shake things up a bit...but really it's because I've run out of previous trips outside of the States to share with you. So no begins the start of some of my other adventures taken over the years.

A random fact about me: I'm pretty much always down for a road trip, and day trips are taken pretty often. Admittedly, not nearly as much anymore, but we still squeeze them in as often as we can. A day trip for me is anywhere from 30 minutes away to up to probably four hours away. Once we start getting higher than that I start looking into the possibility of staying a night if the location has enough things to do. However, don't necessarily put it past me to squeeze six hours one-way into a day trip. I've done it before and it was well worth it! Many find that crazy, but it works for me and I love it.

A fun spur of the moment trip I took a few years ago with my mom and youngest brother was to the Grand Canyon and then a quick stint in Sedona. To clarify, this trip we did spend a night.

Full disclosure, while we had an absolute blast, I was a bit underwhelmed by the Grand Canyon. I know, I know-gasp! It's massive and quite beautiful, don't get me wrong. I guess I was expecting...just more. I had big expectations for this destination. More color, more nature, more to see? I'm not really sure, but after this trip I actually found Sedona's beauty to be more impressive to me than that of the Grand Canyon. Maybe it's also because so many people visit it that it lost its charm on me (if you hadn't picked it up by now, tourist heavy locations tend to leave me wanting more, so this could explain a lot of it). I still walked away with literally hundreds of pictures nonetheless. So that still has to say something about the place!

Highlights of this trip:

  • Williams, AZ. It's basically a real-life Cars movie. This town is SO cute.


  • Hiking the Grand Canyon. My poor mom. It was basically her first hike (certainly with me) I think, and reviews said the hike was pretty moderate. Definitely not the case! I would have rated it more moderate to difficult simply because of the elevation and drop/incline. She was not a happy camper, and would probably claim we almost killed her! But she was a trooper, and we have a great laugh about it now! Sorry mamacita.
  • The views really are something everyone should see.
 


  • Sedona, AZ. The red rock, the fewer tourists, the hiking and all of the sights and rock formations in this town below the mountain, completely took my breath away. I wish I frequented this city more than I have, but this trip definitely left me dreaming of more trips in the future.



Have a great weekend friends!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Have you ever built up a destination in your head that lead to you ultimately being disappointed with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment