Friday, September 9, 2016

#FBF Re-cap: France & Germany Part III

Friday, we meet again. Hope you all are having a great day! This weekend I have been counting down to for weeks! Why you may ask? Because this Saturday we have absolutely no plans, and it feels wonderful! Don't get me wrong, I love exploring near and far, but it's also nice just to relax-something I struggle with. So, needless to say I'm kind of jumping for joy over here that I get to sleep in and do whatever my little heart desires this Saturday. I hope you all are able to make some time for yourselves this weekend as well!

Before I get too ahead of myself, let's not forget about #FBF. Today is my last post of our France and Germany trip. If you missed the others, you can find those here and here.

As I mentioned previously, we spent a couple of days in France, then hopped on a train over to Germany and ended our trip with more exploring, amazing food (I'm sensing a trend) and great company back in France.



We found our last days to be some of the best with escargot (pictured above)- maybe it was the sauce, but we actually really liked it! We also enjoyed amazing views of the Eiffel Tower and Paris city from the rooftop of a mall. As a side note, the French are huge into their shopping! I've never seen anything like it.









We ooh'd and awe'd at the spectacular view of the Eiffel Tower at night.


Sacre-Coeur



We also waited to see the Sacre Coeur light up at night, which was also beautiful.

We partook in some amazing pizza from a local pizza spot near our friends apartment in Bois Colombes (just outside of Paris), where the guy was kind enough to entertain us with his French rock skills. All of the other nights we had left in France my friend treated us to her fabulous home-cooked meals, and we taste-tested macaroons and stinky cheese. According to the French, the more mold a cheese has and the more it smells, the better it tastes! Bon appétit!

Lena and Alan- thank you so much! Again, for all of your hospitality. You were wonderful, are greatly missed and deeply adored!

Happy Friday, friends! I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment