Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Cancun Part III

Good Morning, friends. I hope your week has been grand so far!

In an attempt not to drag Cancun out, I thought I would finish up the last post today.

Our extra curricular activities at the resort were actually pretty limited. When I said I didn't do anything but relax and enjoy time with the hubby, I really meant it- and it was wonderful. 

I should probably clarify this at least a little with the fact that Hurricane Earl was on it's way to Beliz and would make landfall in Mexico south of where we were -while we were there, so our weather prohibited us from doing some of the things we would have done otherwise. Looking back though, I think it really worked in our favor.

The resort offers a ton of beach activities and non-motorized water sports are included in your stay so we were pretty excited to try some wind surfing, go kayaking, sail boating, etc. Unfortunately, the one day we chose to relax on the beach ended up being the only day they were offering those sports since the weather worsened over our stay. We did however get lucky on Saturday morning before we returned home to get a quick sail-boating ride in, which was perfect. I didn't bring my camera, but here's a picture of a boat we liked :)

We were able to sneak in a bike ride that included parrot holding and some crazy storm clouds, but we both forgot our phones (i.e. camera's). Whomp Whomp! When we went back the next day for some tennis, good ol' Earl had managed to cancel all of the resort activities for the day as well as the water sports so we decided to play some scrabble and book an excursion to Chichen Itza since our hopes of snorkeling had pretty much been extinguished at that point. 

In the sports or competitions that hubby and I play together, I can never seem to win, which seriously bothers my competitive nature. To my surprise, for a man who's vocabulary is incredible, we're talking one of the best I know, I was shocked when he struggled with Scrabble. With that said, I have no shame in posting these pictures! I don't remember what his final score was, but he called it when I reached 196. Let's just say, he was still trailing. Yes, I am indeed taking this moment to bask in all of my Scrabble glory ;).

The final full day we were there we took a day excursion to Chichen Itza, a Mayan ruin, and then also to a swimming hole and stopped in a small town on the way back to Cancun. I'm certainly glad we went so I can say I did, otherwise I would have always regretted it, but having been to an Incan ruin, and said ruin being Macchu Picchu (if you missed my last #FBF post, you can read about Macchu Picchu here.)...Chichen Itza doesn't even compare. However, the swimming hole was such a cool experience!



 

Well that about wraps it up, friends! With no additional [real] vacations on our docket just yet I'll have to get to planning!

Hope you all have a great rest of your week and I'll see you Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment